My strategies

Hi,

After closing a competition, our submitted strategies are listed under the “My strategies” tab in the Dashboard. But the report does not seem to be updated (at least not often, currently since September).

Since you keep paper trading (for potential licensing purposes), could you share/update the performance of our old strategies more often ?
Do you have plans to improve that part of the website ? it would be nice to have access to a graph, and some numbers on how well it tested over time, even long after the competition has closed.

Thanks

Hi - yes we share / update all strategies which are paper traded. The strategies should be updated on a daily basis except if there is an issue on the paper trading side of one of your strategies.

If your strategy is not updated, it means the paper trading is failing, I would suggest you send back the strategy for review (you submit for feedback) and we will look at the paper trading of this particular strategy, update the track. This is indeed important for good strategies like yours.

As per website improvements I let @manas answer this part of the question.

Thanks again. Lionel.

Hi @teos
Yes the UI improvement is in the plan. Maybe you could send me a message on chat with the things you would like to see and we could consider moving those up in priority

Manas

The “My Strategies” part of my dashboard is also stuck on September.

Hi @manas do you have an update on this ? last time we spoke, you said you had the numbers, and that it was a display issue

Hi @teos ,

Sorry for the late (very) response. It took some time to identify and permanently fix the issue.
The data should be visible now. Please check the Community Leaderboard.

We are still checking if all strategies are showing up properly.

Thanks,
Manas

1 Like

Thanks @Manas, I can see the updated stats !

Please note I’m still checking on a daily basis. Feel free to point out if something is not updating.

Sorry for the delay.
Manas

Hi Manas,

It looks like the mappings are wrong for the Global Allocation Challenge - lots of identical data fields across many systems.

I haven’t checked anything else, but it doesn’t seem to be working correctly.

Best wishes,
Antony

Hi @antonyjackson

Yes. So the issue with the older Global Allocation Challenge is that the exchange have delisted the ticker SP. That makes all models fail because it was a component in all of them. I have already notified Lionel and he’s looking into it.

Thanks for pointing out.

Manas

@antonyjackson

The bug with the metrics on the Community leaderboard is fixed. We are still looking at the Global Allocation Challenge strategies. For example your timeSeriesMomentum is fully calculated but V2 is not. We are checking if this is a problem of the data-sync or due to the SP delisting. Will keep you updated.

Thank you, @manas.